Old June 9th 07, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Edward Cowling London UK Edward Cowling London UK is offline

Default Pickpocket North London Line

In message ,
writes
On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 12:28:39 +0100, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:

Sadly we're living in an age where we have to look after each other.

Sadly Edward we can't even do what you are suggesting if I am passing
your house and some ******* is just climbing in through a window I
can't grab him and smash his head to pulp which is what should happen,
oh no if I did that the damned pigs would be there in seconds had I
just reported the fact that a robbery was about to take place they
would call on you in two or three days time and if you couldn't
provide them with a name ,description, and what the guy had for
breakfast on his 21st birthday you would get " can't do much about it
sir we shall be on our way " .

Despite being angry I can't really say I approve of vigilante action, as
it always seems to be the innocent who get hurt. Remember all those
idiots driving paediatricians out of town ? :-)

It's just that when I was burgled I was inundated by bits of paper from
the police all about my rights, who I could talk to, and what they
intended to do. Yes I was kept informed but I would have preferred if
all the energy had gone into catching the guy. It all seems to be about
box ticking these days.

--
Edward Cowling "Must Go - Tony Blair says he's not going !"