Old June 9th 07, 05:44 PM
ocoro02 ocoro02 is offline
Junior Member

Default Oyster Travelcard & National Rail

Got some Oyster Travelcard questions.
I need to travel from Twickenham to Wimbledon on South West Trains on a regular basis.
It looks like I need to buy a zone 5 to a zone 3 travelcard.

When I 'renew' or 'recharge' the travelcard for the first time - is this done by simply pinging your Oyster card on a reader at the designated pick-up station, or do I need to do something else? Will this work on any reader at the designated station?

I had to choose Wimbledon as the pick-up station because Twickenham doesn't provide renew/recharge. I guess I have to pay for the very first journey on the first day (Twickenham - Wimbledon)? Seems a bit unfair as I'll be paying for the same journey twice (I've paid for the travelcard for that day already).

Is it me or is Oyster one of the most complicated things on planet Earth?