Old June 10th 07, 01:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Oyster Travelcard & National Rail

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 23:53:52 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

You have to weigh up the different probabilities of having your Oyster Card
checked on an underground train 'en route' while outside your zones - or on
a SWT train outside your zones. LU pretty low - SWT pretty high - you'd be
into penalty fare territory pretty quickly, I should think...

On LUL it wouldn't be PF territory, as the PAYG system makes certain
assumptions about journeys very likely to have gone via Zone 1, and
would just charge you a PAYG add-on to cover Zone 1 every time it
thinks you've crossed it.

On SWT, of course, where PAYG is not valid, it would be a PF.

Neil

--
Neil Williams