Old October 24th 03, 09:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Why the piccadilly to Heathrow , why not the District?

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Dr. Sunil) wrote:

If you look at the dimensions of the trains (I did find a web site
with this info but I can't find it now , typical) , I think A-stock
is only about 9cm wider than the others, which is only 4.5 on a
side , not a whole hell of a lot really.

sorry for the length!

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...9224642.31224A
-100000%40biochem.bc.ic.ac.uk&output=gplain

Why don't people look these things up in the standard sources?

Just possibly, because they don't own them. Anyway, why do you regard
"Hardy" and "Glover's Ian Allan London Underground" as standard sources, but
not 'Motive Power Recognition: 4, London Transport Railways and PTE Systems'
by John Glover and Colin J. Marsden (as quoted by Sunil)?
--
Richard J.