Old October 24th 03, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth Peter Smyth is offline

Default Student tickets on national rail

"Robin May" wrote in message

Are student rate tickets not valid on national rail?

Course they are, if you're a student. Do you mean one bought by a
holder of those YP/student railcards?

Ah, I should have been clearer. I mean a ticket bought with a student
photocard from a tube ticket office. Whatever it is I'd get if I went
to my local tube station and asked for a monthly student ticket zones 1
to 3.

No, student season tickets are LT cards not Travelcards and are not valid on
national rail (except a few joint routes).

Peter Smyth