Old June 11th 07, 08:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mystery Flyer Mystery Flyer is offline

Default Oyster Travelcard & National Rail

Londoncityslicker wrote:

Zones 2-5 you'll take the more frequent trains to Clapham Junction and
then change to the frequent trains to Wimbledon.

Precisely. Why go to the Zone 6 backwater when the lovely fast SWT
trains to CLJ connect pretty well with the considerably more grotty SWT
Wimbledon trains.

Also do you *need* a travelcard? My journey to Richmond has a non
travelcard "Not London" fare and season ticket price considerably
cheaper.. I'd consider buying the odd buss pass/bag of saver tickets
when I need them and save a few quid.

mf