Old October 24th 03, 11:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Why the piccadilly to Heathrow , why not the District?

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Why don't people look these things up in the standard sources?

Just possibly, because they don't own them. Anyway, why do you regard
"Hardy" and "Glover's Ian Allan London Underground" as standard
sources, but not 'Motive Power Recognition: 4, London Transport Railways
and PTE Systems' by John Glover and Colin J. Marsden (as quoted by
Sunil)?

Probably because my edition is dated 1985. I can't say I've noticed a more
recent edition either, to be honest. The 1985 edition has all dimensions
in imperial units, even for stock built to metric standards.

I've always found Hardy's work the most comprehensive and well-informed
source on London Underground Rolling Stock, a lifetime interest of mine.
However, only his latest edition seems to have stock dimensions in. The
previous two didn't.

--
Colin Rosenstiel