Old June 12th 07, 05:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default St Pancras Thameslink Platforms (Midland Rd)

On Jun 12, 12:45 pm, Neil Williams wrote:

Muenchen Hbf

It was in fact München Hbf I was thinking of in relation to SPI (as I
shall now call St Pancras International) as the overall footprint is
similar - a deeper train shed in the centre with two wings one on each
side.

In fact there are more parallels as one could consider the S-bahn tief
Bf platforms as equivalent to the Thameslink route, and the U-bahn as
equivalent to LU lines - and both U-bahn and LU have diverse entrances
and underground passages.

München Hbf is a location I know well having had several weeks in each
year in late 80s / early 90s commuting through the place in several
different permutations depending on which hotel was based at. I would
estimate some of the inter-line walks are further than those that will
exist at SPI when it is complete.

Mind you, I suspect München Hbf will always be better signed.

--
Nick