Old June 12th 07, 04:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David of Broadway David of Broadway is offline

Default Next round of Ticket Office closures announced

Neil Williams wrote:

BIG WARNING: The ticket machines at Schiphol are of two main types.
The ones found in the baggage hall are older and have a manual credit
card slot, the ones on the station are newer and have an automatic
one. The ones in the baggage hall seem to decline about 50% of my
attempted transactions, whereas the ones in the station seem to
succeed with all of them.

The machine I used in 2005 was in the station (directly above the
platform, as I recall). I don't remember if the slot was manual or
automatic, but it didn't work with my U.S.-based Visa credit card or
Cirrus/Star ATM card.
--
David of Broadway
New York, NY, USA