Old June 13th 07, 12:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Oyster Travelcard & National Rail

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:19:22 +0100, Mystery Flyer wrote:

Zones 2-5 you'll take the more frequent trains to Clapham Junction and
then change to the frequent trains to Wimbledon.

Precisely. Why go to the Zone 6 backwater when the lovely fast SWT
trains to CLJ connect pretty well with the considerably more grotty SWT
Wimbledon trains.

Also do you *need* a travelcard? My journey to Richmond has a non
travelcard "Not London" fare and season ticket price considerably
cheaper.. I'd consider buying the odd buss pass/bag of saver tickets
when I need them and save a few quid.

Unfortunately there is no point-to-point NR season available for this
journey.

However, after a bit of digging, there's one available from Kew
Gardens to Wimbledon at £60.70 for a monthly. Valid routes for this
are Kew Gardens - Richmond - Twickenham - Hounslow - Brentford -
Clapham Junction - Wimbledon (which covers the Twickenham-Richmond
part), and Kew Gardens - Richmond - Mortlake - Clapham Junction -
Wimbledon (which covers the rest).

Technically, it doesn't appear to be valid via Kingston, although a
ticket inspector (who is unlikely to know this) would probably give
you the benefit of the doubt, as it's a fairly 'obvious' route
(because it involves the least number of changes).