Old June 13th 07, 05:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default St Pancras Thameslink Platforms (Midland Rd)

"brixtonite" wrote in message
oups.com...

Two routes where thameslink seems to compete with the tube are from
elephant and castle or london bridge to kings cross. In each case the
thameslink route looks shorter and has fewer intermediate stations,
but thameslink takes longer, in my experience and according to the TfL
journey planner. The trains often wait for 5 - 10 minutes at
blackfriars. Presumably this is to give a robust timetable, but it
surely won't be possible if they want 24tph - what will happen then?

Presumably they will manage 24 tph as predicted - don't forget the whole
line will have been resignalled, the Moorgate branch will be closed,
Blackfriars and Farringdon stations completely rebuilt, the lines to London
Bridge quadrupled, London Bridge completely rebuilt, various flyovers
constructed, Blackfriars terminating platforms moved etc.

I've wondered though, what will be the average speed of successive trains
between St Pancras and Blackfriars, given station dwell times etc, and how
far apart will they be?

Paul