Old October 25th 03, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin McKenzie Colin McKenzie is offline

Default Why the piccadilly to Heathrow , why not the District?

Boltar wrote:
Thanks. In other words A stock is only 1 inch wider than C stock. Trivial
really. It does make me wonder why such a small amount restricts where the
A stock can run , I guess it must be wider at an inconvenient height or
something.

Well, several years ago, A stock cars occasionally touched a railing at
the north end of Rickmansworth station as they passed. Presumably
Chiltern trains always missed.

Colin McKenzie