Old June 13th 07, 09:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender eastender is offline

Default DLR Penalty Fares

In article . com,
Oliver Beattie wrote:

Hey Everyone,

Having just been issued a £20 Penalty Fare demand from DLR officials,
I wondered if anyone could let me know whether the The British Rail
(Penalty Fares) Act 1989 applies here? If not, if you could possibly
point me to what act does apply?

How did you get caught? I think the DLR is inconsistent - there are
gates at Bank but not at other stations, so if you use it on the odd
time as I did to go to City Airport you can wonder - briefly if you're
rushing for a plane - why there was no gate at the other end.

I got caught on the way back, very tired after a long trip - but wasn't
given a penalty - just made to get off and swipe the card at some
mid-point. Several other passengers also had to do the same.

E.