Old June 14th 07, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Northern line near collision

On Jun 14, 3:28 pm, Mystery Flyer wrote:
I would think changing trains like this is an unusual thing to ask a
driver to do but the bigger question for me is how can a train for
destination a end up in wrong platform/tunnel?

Because the wrong route was chosen for the train by whatever person
and/or arcane piece of equipment decides such things on the Northern.

Isnt signalling supposed to make such things impossible?

No. The signalling is there to make sure whatever route trains are
given, they don't hit each other.