Old June 15th 07, 10:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mike Roebuck Mike Roebuck is offline

Default St Pancras Thameslink Platforms (Midland Rd)

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:25:46 -0700, D7666 wrote:

On Jun 12, 12:45 pm, Neil Williams wrote:

Muenchen Hbf

It was in fact München Hbf I was thinking of in relation to SPI (as I
shall now call St Pancras International) as the overall footprint is
similar - a deeper train shed in the centre with two wings one on each
side.

IIRC, Muenchen Hbf was originally 3 separate stations. Certainly one
wing is still known as the Holzkirchner bahnhof.

Another station with the same layout is Budapest Keleti Palyaudvar, as
I discovered when trying to change from a late running arrival to an
on-time starter there once. That cost me a serious on-train
supplement, and the conductor claimed not to speak English or German,
so I couldn't even argue with him about it!

--
mikedotroebuckatgmxdotnet
posted from Cheb (Eger), CZ