Old June 18th 07, 09:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner Recliner is offline

Default Does unused credit on PAYG Oyster expire?

wrote in message
oups.com
On Jun 18, 1:27 am, "Tristán White"
wrote:
Simple question. My mum's been over this week and I got her a PAYG.
She still has plenty of credit left, and is going back to Spain...
no idea when she'll be back, but it probably won't be within a year.

Rather than take her card back and use her credt, I told her she may
as well hang on to it for her next visit. But if she doesn't use it,
will it expire??

I wouldn't have thought so, but when you buy eg one of those £5 phone
cards, the credit expires if you don't use it within a period of time
(which I think should be illegal). I'd rather she hang on to the
Oyster as I have a season ticket, but I wouldn't want the money to
go to waste if in a year or more of non-usage the credit will
disappear....

Tristan

No. PAYG credit does not expire. Also, the PAYG Oystercard is
transferable

It doesn't expire, but I thought that you had to do something to
re-activate the card if you don't use it for an extended period (a
couple of years?).