Old June 18th 07, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Matt Jackson Matt Jackson is offline

Default Does unused credit on PAYG Oyster expire?

Michael Hoffman writes:

wrote:
On Jun 18, 1:27 am, "Tristán White"
wrote:

Rather than take her card back and use her credt, I told her she may as
well hang on to it for her next visit. But if she doesn't use it, will it
expire??

Tristan

No. PAYG credit does not expire.

I would have said the same about Bus Savers until recently.

From transportforlondon.custhelp.com

"Is there a time limit for using Oyster to pay as you go?

No, if you use Oyster to pay as you go, it does not have an expiry
date. It will sit on your card until you are ready to use it again.

However, if you do not use for two years it will stop working, even if
you still have money on it to pay as you go. If you wish to use the
balance or, in the case of a registered Oyster card, have it returned to
you, you will need to contact the Oyster helpline."

Maybe we need a sharing system for those infrequent users (and
potentially far flung) to get there Oyster card back to London within
the 2 year time frame.

Matt.