Old June 19th 07, 11:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Neil Williams Neil  Williams is offline

Default London Overground Concession Award

On Jun 19, 12:52 pm, Boltar wrote:
On 19 Jun, 10:09, Paul Corfield wrote:

The winner of the London Overground concession is MTR Laing according

Sounds like a sensible decision. Why pick people who already have
years of experience running railways when you can pick a building
firm.

Laing own (or owned) Chiltern Railways. It's difficult to think of a
TOC more "quietly competent"[1] than that.

[1] I recall coining that phrase with relation to the Silverlink
County franchise, and I think it's a good description of what is
required from a commuter operator.

Neil