Old June 21st 07, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael Hoffman Michael Hoffman is offline

Default Go Via get West Midlands franchise

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:50:21 +0100, Michael Hoffman
wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

http://www.londonmidland.com/index.html

is the new website for the winning company and has details of what will
be done in the franchise.

How exiting! They are going to introduce "sub-brands!" Truly they
understand what is important to the common passenger.

To be fair it is no different to the current policy used by Silverlink
with respect to "metro" and "county".

Let me be more specific. I don't think that it's bad that they have
these sub-brands. But the importance they give this is breathtaking. On
the main page, their short summary of the changes includes this:

"London Midland sub-brands will be introduced: London Midland City will
cater for the West Midlands cities and region and give full prominence
to Centro’s Network West Midlands brand."

I would have made the new trains mentioned more prominently, and the new
brands less so.
--
Michael Hoffman