Old June 21st 07, 11:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Toby Toby is offline

Default Gospel Oak - Barking

Every Silverlink train on this route has a guard (or whatever else they're
called). Their sole job appears to be to open/close the doors at each
station. Do they not have any revenue/ticketing duties? A few stations on
this route have no ticket machine, and in my limited experience of travel on
this line the guard never appears to check tickets (probably due to stops
every 3-4 mins). I bet Silverlink Metro must lose a fortune in revenue on
this route. It will be interesting to see how the new operator this year
tackles the revenue side of things.