Old June 22nd 07, 04:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
W14_Fishbourne W14_Fishbourne is offline

Default Stagecoach win East Midlands franchise

On Jun 22, 5:32 pm, asdf wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 01:27:56 -0700, Neil Williams wrote:
Are there any secret plans to raise off peak fares or to issue guards
with instructions to treat passengers wanting to buy tickets on board
as fare dodgers - see thread concerning SWT. I think we should be
told.

Unregulated fares = off peak fares, or as good as.

Hmmm. My understanding was that, basically, regulated fares = walk-on
off-peak fares (CDR/SVR), and seasons. Unregulated fares = peak
walk-on fares (SDR/SOR) and advance purchase.

Not quite. Peak fares are generally (or effectively) regulated.
Regulated fares are normally Season tickets, Savers or, for
shorter distances, the Standard Day Return or (in a few cases) the
Standard Open Return.
Most off-peak tickets, with the exception of Savers, are unregulated.
For London commuter services, and in certain other large urban areas,
a wider range of fares, including most tickets purchased by commuters,
are
included in regulated fares 'baskets'