Old October 26th 03, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Bristow Mike Bristow is offline

Default Closure of Liverpool Street this morning

In article ,
Robin May wrote:
I agree that the designation is pointless. I also don't see what action
they can take. "Oi, you! GET BACK ON THAT TRAIN! You aren't allowed off
it here!"

Arrange for the train not to stop, have a contingent of revenue
protection people on board, arrange taxi's for people who want to
travel from Finsbury.

The penalties (and additional fares back) from a similar exercise
on a Paddington - Bristol (u at Reading) service was enough to pay
for the extra staff time, and the taxis. Or so rumour has it.

--
Good night little fishey-wishes.... I've counted you, so no
sneaky eating each other.