Old June 23rd 07, 10:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
sweek sweek is offline

Default Bye North London Line

On 23 Jun, 22:13, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
"sweek" wrote in message

ups.com...

How about moving Chiswick Park to where the North London Line crosses
the Piccadilly and District platforms, and biulding platforms for all
three of them? I suppose it'd be quite expensive, but that way a
single line could be kept, and interchange between the three lines
could be provided quite easily. there's quite a bit of space on the
sout-western side of the tracks for a station building according to
Google Earth.

I haven't lloked at GE but I suspect the land you're referring to is the old
Chiswick Works. Oh, and close Gunnersbury?

It's this location, if you think you can recognise it. I don't know
the actual area, so I'm not really sure if this is a suitable
location. It just seems theoretically possible.
I wouldn't close Gunnersbury, because the situation stays pretty much
the same as it is now. The distance between Chiswick Park and
Gunnersbury now is the same as it would be in the new situation. And
they serve different branches of the District line, so I guess they
both have their use.

http://www.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF8...&t=h&z=18&om=1