Old June 24th 07, 02:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Bye North London Line

sweek wrote:
On 23 Jun, 22:13, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
"sweek" wrote in message

ups.com...

How about moving Chiswick Park to where the North London Line
crosses the Piccadilly and District platforms, and biulding
platforms for all three of them? I suppose it'd be quite expensive,
but that way a single line could be kept, and interchange between
the three lines could be provided quite easily. there's quite a bit
of space on the sout-western side of the tracks for a station
building according to Google Earth.

I haven't lloked at GE but I suspect the land you're referring to is
the old Chiswick Works. Oh, and close Gunnersbury?

It's this location, if you think you can recognise it. I don't know
the actual area, so I'm not really sure if this is a suitable
location. It just seems theoretically possible.
I wouldn't close Gunnersbury, because the situation stays pretty much
the same as it is now. The distance between Chiswick Park and
Gunnersbury now is the same as it would be in the new situation. And
they serve different branches of the District line, so I guess they
both have their use.

http://www.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF8...&t=h&z=18&om=1

It is the old Chiswick works, now one of the nicer business parks in London.
The NLL is curvy in this area, possibly ruling out new platforms.