Old June 25th 07, 07:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison Graham Harrison is offline

Default Bye North London Line

"John B" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 25 Jun, 14:44, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:

What, with sufficient space for bikes, prams and kitchen sinks (otherwise
known as a *guards van*)? My understanding was Electrostars optimised
for
passengers (longitudinal seats - lots of standing room).

...which has the happy knock-on effect of providing more space for
bikes, prams and kitchen sinks off-peak.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Off peak maybe but the OP referred to the 0808 train (hardly off peak) and
sharing with all shorts of baggage including (now I check) kitchen units
(not sinks as I said). If we're going to be able to use public transport
instead of cars they need to be capable of carrying not just the passengers.

I accept that guards vans may not be the answer but take a look at
http://www.cycling-in-switzerland.ch...velo_bahn.html .
That's just an example of what can be achieved (in this case with bikes).