Old June 25th 07, 10:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Bye North London Line/London "Overground"

On Jun 25, 10:25 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"Jack Taylor" wrote in message

Graham Harrison wrote:

What, with sufficient space for bikes, prams and kitchen sinks
(otherwise known as a *guards van*)? My understanding was
Electrostars optimised for passengers (longitudinal seats - lots of
standing room).

The class 378s are supposed to be class 376-derivatives. Those suburban
Electrostars have limited 2+2 seating bays, with enlarged standing areas
around the doors, with extensive use of grab-rails and perch seats.

TfL's Overground brochure shows longitudinal seating - althought how the
wide end gangway works in the Electrostar carriage ends is another matter
entirely...

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...d_brochure.pdf page
3 of 4 refers.

Paul

Looking at the brochure, I am surprised to not see the Camden Road to
Chalk Farm/Primrose Hill link. Somehow, I had cottoned on to the
notion that this would be part of the "new" network.

Adrian