Old June 26th 07, 09:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Gospel Oak - Barking

On 22 Jun, 00:41, "Jack Taylor" wrote:
However,
I suspect that, during peak hours, there is more likelihood of the guard
getting waylaid issuing penalty fares, which probably prevents him getting
far along the train - given that he needs to be back in the back cab to give
the right-away from every station and the distances between them are not
that far (at the western end, at least).

The only I've seen a ticket inspector/seller on the line, it was a
separate person to the guard.