Old June 26th 07, 09:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
John B John B is offline

Default Bye North London Line/London "Overground"

On 25 Jun, 23:38, Adrian wrote:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...d_brochure.pdf page
3 of 4 refers.

Looking at the brochure, I am surprised to not see the Camden Road to
Chalk Farm/Primrose Hill link. Somehow, I had cottoned on to the
notion that this would be part of the "new" network.

In the short term, TfL will operate the existing North London Railways
routes (ie NLL, WLL, Goblin, DC Lines) with an enhanced service &
frequency. From 2010 this will also include the ELL.

Longer term plans are dependent on the interface between Network Rail,
TfL and central government. TfL's ideal outcome would be to transfer
the DC Lines service to the Bakerloo and to run Overground trains via
Primrose Hill to Queen's Park, but this has not yet been agreed with
all relevant parties.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org