Old June 26th 07, 11:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Bye North London Line/London "Overground"

"Mr Thant" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 26, 10:48 am, John B wrote:
In the short term, TfL will operate the existing North London Railways
routes (ie NLL, WLL, Goblin, DC Lines) with an enhanced service &
frequency. From 2010 this will also include the ELL.

I'm not aware of any short term plans for improved frequency. I can
imagine longer operating hours and a few extra peak trains maybe, but
otherwise it looks like the standard service level will be no
different to Silverlink's for the first year or two.

Agree - many of the TfL announcements describe improvements that cannot
happen until 2010 or 2011. Major service frequency improvement on the North
London Railway (today's NLL & WLL) are planned for 2011, although the
closure beyond Stratford does allow for a small number (3?) of extra units
to be diagrammed for a slightly improved service, there are many platforms
to be lengthened and signalling changes to be done as well...

Paul