Old June 26th 07, 09:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Woodall Tim Woodall is offline

Default I pay for this ?

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:57:47 +0100,
Movilla wrote:
"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 19:24:18 +0100, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:

I could try to explain but I don't think that would help. It was a
particularly awful morning in terms of big signal problems so I'll say
sorry instead given that I work for LU.

That's the first and only apology from LU (ok, you're not a spokesman but
I'll accept it).

The first I became aware of it was getting into Euston from Watford at
08:05. Large crowds were queueing into the underground and after a 10 minute
pass by the deliberate bottleneck I got down from the concourse and onto a
northern line train (Bank) and thought that would be it. The train waited

A brompton is your friend ;-)

I got the 07:46 from Watford arriving Euston at 08:08 (I didn't notice
the exact time we got in)

I then cycled from Euston to Moorgate and got into work around about
8:30.

One option you've got when it's impossible to get down into Euston
underground is to walk to Euston Square, travel to Moorgate and then
walk to Bank (or catch a bus - I would guess pretty much anything
travelling south on Moorgate would be ok)

And despite the weather we've been having reported in the news recently,
I've had two journeys this year (2007) where I've put on waterproofs for
cycling across London.

Tim.

and there was light.