Old June 26th 07, 10:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Hughes Mike Hughes is offline

Default I pay for this ?

In message ,
Movilla writes
At Kings Cross the platform
was totally full and we were going nowhere. After much faffing (driver was
telling people to get off, announcements were indicating otherwise), we then
overheard lines were stopped at Circle, Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan
and Victoria. Complete chaos. I then heard Kings Cross was to close. I got
above ground at 09:00 and paid £20 got get a black cab to Bank for the DLR

When all other forms of transport fail taxis keep people moving (well
nearly
always). Yet we get no subsidy and have to comply with some of the
tightest regulations on vehicles and drivers in the world.

I have no complaint about that *but* taxi fares are set by TfL (PCO)
which is mostly controlled by bus company staff with no representation
from the taxi trade - that's what gets to me.

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England