Old June 26th 07, 10:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Read Chris Read is offline

Default Eating food on the train.

"Mystery Flyer" wrote:

Just another day on SWT.
rant
So today both ways in the rush hour I have to sit next to someone eating
some disgusting thing out of a second hand plastic bag. This morning it
was some objectionable darkening banana with some mix of other noisy stuff
which he helpfully placed on the middle seat on top of the metro paper for
everyone to be irritated by. I never new I was so sensitive to the smell
of over ripe bananas or the noise of them being consimed and indeed the
whole pantomime of opening the containers, balancing them on a bag while
reading a book etc etc.

(snip)

I just had to contend with Waynetta Slob on the Jubilee Line, playing
something bearing a loose resemblance to music on her mobile 'phone speaker.

Why are mobile 'phone speakers deliberately engineered to create the most
appalling, tinny noise? The integral speakers on my basic laptop are of a
similar size, but are 1000 times superior.

Chris