Old June 27th 07, 10:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Eating food on the train.

On Jun 27, 8:27 am, " wrote:

As someone who travels on SWT very often (sometimes the whole way to
Weymouth), I doubt if there is anything sold on the trolley that's on
the train that "stinks". It's not prejudice that suggests that what
some people bring onto the train stinks - just common experience.

While you might have a point w.r.t someone eating a doner kebab, a
whole bulb of garlic (as observed by a friend of mine in a bus in
Nigeria) or a durian fruit, the original poster's examples were of
someone eating a banana and an orange - both of which I've definitely
seen sold on trains, although not necessarily on SWT. This suggests
that the original poster may be ever so slightly over-sensitive...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org