Old October 26th 03, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David B David B is offline

Default tube driver wanna strike but what about the...

Why not do a job swap? Commuters drive trains. Tube drivers do ... whatever
jobs it is you do.

--
Remove "0" from from daveb07890 to reply
"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 14:23:12 +0000, dave F wrote:
Tube drivers want to strike but what about the poor passengers

(customers)
who have to put up with not only been injured on the system but delays
caused by bad workmanship, staff either knocking off early or not

turning up
at all! I'm probably going to get some stick now but come on it does

happen.

Of course it does. It'll be worse when there are no tubes running because
the drivers think it's unsafe/want to strike for the hell of it
(statistics show about a 1 in 2,000,000 chance of being injured)

Next time tube driver wanna strike because they demand a pay increase
why not find some other way of protesting against your EMPLOYER and not
your customer!

Indeed. When was the last tube strike? 600,000 people on the victoria line
every day, thats like 7,000 buses. At least I can WAGN to Liverpool
street, although that's going to be bad too. Might have to invest in that
moped anyway.
Sack em all, let a commuter drive the train. 3 minute course in how to
press the "go" "stop" "open" "close" and "muffled announcement" button and
you're sorted