Old June 27th 07, 07:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default I pay for this ?

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:04:47 -0700, wrote:

On Jun 27, 7:59 pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

My team do their fair share of the day to day trouble shooting of faults
with the FRC and TLL engineers. We do a daily review of faults and
incidents and investigate what has gone wrong and why.

Do you do this independantly of operational managers who also
investigate incidents? Or do you work with/from what they find? Just
curious.

We will use a wide range of information but a lot of it comes from DMTs
via EIRFs / F&Ds etc. If it is a very complex incident that is worth a
lot of money then obviously there can be more challenge from TLL so we
work to make sure we know exactly what went on. This can involve talking
to lots of people and collating a lot of extra information over and
above the basic sources.

A lot of the contractual stuff is also day to day with people on the
trains team doing cab rides for speed restrictions or visiting site
after serious disruptions as well as operating all the data collection
and contractual processes that we have to do.

Fair point, I think to put it slightly more clearly, you are more
focussed on making sure things get fixed, whilst I am more focussed on
how to run the railway as best we can round whatever bit of it happens
to be broken at the moment. Just so you know where I'm coming from
here, I am a Service (Line) Controller on the Northern.

An inhabitant of Coburg St - you are lucky ;-)
--
Paul C