Old June 28th 07, 07:01 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
ŽiŠardo ŽiŠardo is offline

Default New Prime Minister - New Transport Policy?

Mr Thant wrote:
On Jun 27, 10:04 pm, "Adrian Auer-Hudson, MIMIS"
wrote:
My guess: We have an anouncement on Crossrail soon.

It already has the government's full support - the current hurdle is
getting it through parliament,

Why should the government revert to the outdated practice of consulting
Parliament? You'll probably find that there's been an "enabling order"
which means that that's the last thing they'll do.

which isn't really something you can
announce. I don't think any progress can be made until there's been a
few months of consultation whatnot over the recent Woolwich changes.
The only thing Brown could announce is scrapping it.

The Thameslink Programme, on the other hand...

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/

--
Moving things in still pictures!