Old June 28th 07, 07:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] nimbusjunk@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default I pay for this ?

On 27 Jun, 19:06, wrote:
On Jun 26, 9:51 pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

There are
a lot of issues here and a hell of a lot of effort from people in LU and
Tube Lines to make the Northern Line work.

I know! I'm one of them! Operational staff also get frustrated by
trying to do a good job and being perpetually hampered by the
delapidated infrastructure we have to work with. Well I know I do. I
know that our job is to provide the best possible train service to the
travelling public, and on the Northern line a lot of the time it seems
we are operating on a wing and a prayer. I'm sure you have quite a
different perspective on it to me as I am more involved in day-to-day
keeping the railway running as best we can no matter what goes wrong,
while you (by the sounds of it) are more looking at how the Northern
line can be improved in the longer term.

Hannah

How many times does it come down to apparant sheer incompetance from
the line controllers as happened on Sunday Evening on the Northern at
Finchley central?
Mill Hill East trains delayed by the fact that the 38TS was on a rail
tour
Scenario
Arrive 18.45 ish
No trains to Mill Hill
38 allegedly in public service for this stretch cause it would cause
unacceptable delays
38ts does not stop
reemerges from Mill Hill 15 odd mins later does not stop
Train to Mill HIll sits in siding south of Station for at least
another 10 minutes
This was now close to 19.30 by the time it came
Result pax for MIll Hill delayed for at least 30 if not 40 minutes

This has nothing to do with infrastructure

Great Idea put a special in service so it does not inconvienence your
customers
Shame if you are not capable of implementing it.