Old June 28th 07, 08:03 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Ian Ian is offline

Default New Prime Minister - New Transport Policy?

On 27 Jun, 22:19, Mr Thant
wrote:
On Jun 27, 10:04 pm, "Adrian Auer-Hudson, MIMIS"

wrote:
My guess: We have an anouncement on Crossrail soon.

It already has the government's full support ...

.... but not "support" in the sense of "financial backing". And if
there is one thing Mr Brown is good at, it's recognizing a monumental
waste of money when he sees one.

Hmm. Let's see. Electrify every main line in the UK, or build a tunnel
to make it slightly easier to commute from Maidenhead to Canary Wharf?
Tough call.

Ian