Old June 28th 07, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Luke Ross Luke Ross is offline

Default I pay for this ?

Hi,

Movilla wrote:

Make sure you fill out your customer charter refund form (available
from leaflet racks at tube stations), which at least slightly reduces the
amount one has to pay out each week./month. I get a reasonably steady stream
of vouchers through the post.

Can you claim for the cost of alternative journeys? I had to pay £20 for a
cab from KX to Bank but didn't bother getting a receipt thinking there was
no way I could claim it back.

Sadly the charter only covers the cost of the journey - no
consequential loss (which
the taxi would fall under, I believe). They pay-out is £4 per single
journey, as that's
the cost of a cash single tube journey. The form is postage-paid and
takes about
five minutes to fill in. You can also claim online, but it isn't as
flexible and I don't
believe in reducing the admin cost of charter claims :-)

Regards,

Luke