Old June 28th 07, 04:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default seeing the other's view

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, NM wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Conor wrote:

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Conor wrote:

Believe me, lorry journeys haven't been reduced by Stobarts putting
stuff onto rail.

Er, what? If they hadn't put that stuff on rail, they would have had
to buy more lorries for this RDC thing etc. It's not a reduction, but
it is a smaller increase!

Hardly. Still needs to go on a lorry at either end.

Again - er, what? Are you telling me going from a 300 mile lorry journey to
a 280 mile rail journey and two 10 mile truck journeys isn't a reduction?

It's an increase, minimum 3 drivers minimum 2 lorries and a train, as against
1 driver and 1 truck.

I was going to moan about these threads we have crossposted to
urd/uk.transport, because they basically act as a mechanism for the rapid
delivery of retards to my inbox. However, i'm now managing to look at it
from a lighter angle - this stuff is comedy gold!

tom

--
Biochemistry is the study of carbon compounds that wriggle.