Old June 30th 07, 11:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] Mait001@aol.com is offline

Default Claphan Junction Disused platform 1

On Jun 30, 6:21?pm, MIG wrote:
On Jun 30, 5:54 pm, Paul Terry wrote:

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
Are you saying that trains will not actually run in a circle but would
effectively reverse in the appropriate platform? Passengers would be
forced to change in order to complete a cross Clapham Junction journey?

Yes, that's my understanding. On the map accessible from ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/.../overground_tr...

Clapham Junction is shown as an interchange between the clockwise and
anticlockwise routes, rather than as a through station.

I guess it would be possible for trains to reverse at Clapham Junction
and continue round the circle, but I imagine that it could produce all
sorts of operating problems.
--
Paul Terry

It would mean that trains arriving and departing would sometimes have
to cross, but that happens at many two-platform termini with genuine
metro frequencies (eg Elephant and Castle, Brixton). A dedicated
platform for each direction would be a nice luxury, but would it be
necessary with the frequencies planned?- Hide quoted text -

Follow this link for a pictue of Platform 1 in use in 1971:-

http://johnlawontherails.fotopic.net/p37188651.html

Marc.