Old July 1st 07, 12:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Claphan Junction Disused platform 1

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Paul Corfield
writes

"Paul Terry" wrote in message

Are you saying that trains will not actually run in a circle but
would effectively reverse in the appropriate platform? Passengers
would be forced to change in order to complete a cross Clapham
Junction journey?

Yes, that's my understanding. On the map accessible from ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/..._feature.shtml

Clapham Junction is shown as an interchange between the clockwise and
anticlockwise routes, rather than as a through station.

I guess it would be possible for trains to reverse at Clapham Junction
and continue round the circle, but I imagine that it could produce all
sorts of operating problems.

I can't think of any, unless you mean "reverse *promptly* at Clapham
Junction and continue round the circle". It should produce a more robust
service if the trains *do* continue around the circle, after a suitable
wait... that way problems which affect the clockwise can't affect the anti
and vice versa.