Old July 1st 07, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
brixtonite brixtonite is offline

Default New Adobe Acrobat reader - should I install?

On Jul 1, 2:09 am, alex_t wrote:
Anyone tried it?

Even worse then the previous version. Slower, less convenient
controls, more eye candy, updater that constantly tries to connect to
Adobe website and cannot be muted (you can try to, but it will be
reinstaller on the next launch of Reader) ...

I gave up on Adobe Reader and recently found a nice replacement -
Apparition:http://ccxvii.net/apparition/(main page)http://ccxvii.net/apparition/download/(download)

No installer, ultra fast, minimalistic interface - only PDF document
displayed (use mouse and keyboard to navigate).

Alternatively, Foxit Reader
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
Also really fast - I used to dread finding that something was a pdf
when I used Adobe Acrobat.