Old July 1st 07, 07:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Bomb fallout thought

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 19:48:53 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007, Neil Williams wrote:

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 02:40:57 -0700, Paul Weaver
wrote:

That don't like the tube? Nobody in their right mind uses a bus for a
car replacement.

Funny but Stagecoach are claiming exactly that is happening on a number
of their city networks outside of London.

In London many people do. If you know the network the buses are a far
more comfortable and practical way of getting around central London then
the Tube is, especially in the peaks.

The exact opposite of my experience, but there you go.

I think you are both correct but it really depends where you are
travelling. Some journeys (e.g. Leicester Sq - Victoria) I would much
rather do by 24 bus than the Tube. There are other journeys where the
Tube is far more sensible - e.g. Green Park - Russell Square. There is
no convenient way of doing that trip by bus without a long slow journey
and a change of buses. What still puzzles me is that even now there are
certain key links in the bus network that are missing (e.g London Bridge
- West End) or Upper St in Islington into Oxford Street (yes I know the
30 just scrapes in by Selfridges but it's not the same coverage as the
73 from Essex Road).
--
Paul C