Old July 1st 07, 07:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Claphan Junction Disused platform 1

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 15:24:18 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .

Circular services are only a problem when you try to run them with
inadequate infrastructure or schedules that are too tight - are that
would be why can't run them in this country then!

I believe thats the background to the T-cup proposals for the circle line
and H&C isn't it?

It may be but my point is that circular services can run properly if you
get non conflicting junctions and adequate signalling capacity. This is
what Berlin has got on its S Bahn and the service runs fine. The LU
proposals are an attempt to create reliability without the huge
construction costs of removing conflicting junctions of which there are
many on the Circle / District line.
--
Paul C