Old July 1st 07, 09:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
brixtonite brixtonite is offline

Default Claphan Junction Disused platform 1

On Jul 1, 6:58 pm, Paul Terry wrote:

Pathing on the ELLE should be easier, but it is likely that the line
will have to be shared with some sort of SLL service to Victoria, so
there is all sorts of potential for circle-line-like delays - breaking
the service at Clapham Junction should help mitigate that.

I would expect the SLL service from London Victoria to be replaced by
the ELL service to clapham junction. I think the Victoria - Denmark
Hill - Lewisham service does share tracks with this in one direction
through Denmark Hill, but it needn't.

I don't think that the Orbirail project will ever run a fully circular
service, because of the potential for serious delays (like the circle
line but infinitely worse). Nothing's decided, AFAIK, but clockwise
services from Clapham Junction may terminate at Stratford for the
Olympics, and at Barking thereafter, although it has also been suggested
that they may (as at present) go no further than Willesden Junction.
Anticlockwise may only go as far as Surrey Quays.
--
Paul Terry

I haven't seen anywhere the idea of running services from clapham
junction only as far as surrey quays - what'd be the point? Stopping
one station away from the most important interchange on the line
(Canada Water) would be really silly, and there aren't any extra
platforms at Surrey Quays. With the Clapham Junction branch, there
are planned to be 16 tph on the ELL, which it can surely cope with.