Old July 1st 07, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Claphan Junction Disused platform 1

Mr Thant wrote:
On Jul 1, 9:25 pm, "Richard J." wrote:
Where have you seen that suggestion? I thought that 8 tph on the
North London Line east of Willesden Junction was a key feature of
TfL's proposals in order to reduce overcrowding on the
WJ-Stratford section. If the CJ-WJ shuttle stays in place, how
would they achieve 8 tph east of WJ?

East of Camden Road is what they care about, not WJ. This can
handily be done by the proposed Queen's Park to Stratford service,
or in a pinch a Camden Road - Stratford shuttle, as already
operates in the peaks.

The Queen's Park - Stratford service ia a post-2012 development that
requires extra stock on the Bakerloo Line, and assumes that the Clapham
J. - Willesden J. service will run via an electrified GOBLIN to Barking.
Your suggestion that all "they" care about is Camden Road - Stratford
doesn't fit well with the efforts they are making to create an orbital
rail service.
--
Richard J.