Old July 2nd 07, 04:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Claphan Junction Disused platform 1

On Jul 2, 4:53 pm, John B wrote:
On 2 Jul, 15:00, Paul Terry wrote:

Clapham High Street is an interchange with Clapham North, which has a
Northern Line service to central London.

It wouldn't be much of replacement for the direct link between Clapham
High Street and Victoria, though.

The best and quickest way (given train frequencies) to get from
Clapham High Street to Victoria at present is walk - Clapham North -
cross-platform change at Stockwell - Victoria.

The same would be true if the SLL services were all converted to
London Overground, obviously...

I think the biggest change would be the loss of a route from Battersea
Park, but even that could be replaced by changing at Clapham Junction.

For example, I sometimes need to get from the South West to Denmark
Hill.

I currently change at Queenstown Road/Battersea Park, but in future I
would change at Clapham Junction instead.

I wonder if the future frequency on the SLL would rule out some
SouthEastern services calling at Clapham High Street, Wandsworth Road
and Battersea Park?