Old July 3rd 07, 11:48 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Default Nightmare at Hayes and Harlington - 1

On Jul 3, 10:29 am, "Roger R" wrote:
"CJB" wrote in message

oups.com...
Nightmare at Hayes and Harlington - 1

Over the last few weekends - and especially on this last Sunday
afternoon (1-7-2007), Heathrow Connect services have been dumping
passengers for Heathrow at the bay platform 5 at Hayes and Harlington
Station. Usually these are intending flight passengers with heavy
luggage.

Having paid the cheaper than HEX fare - but still exorbitant at #9 [snip]
---
Perhaps they started from Ealing or somewhere and thought they could avoid
the extra time and expense of going into Paddington. I suspect they were
largely local people setting off on their holiday as against foreign
tourists.

In a climate where tourism may already have taken a knock after the recent
averted incidents this kind of thoughtless/hostile treatment is not the kind
of story that wants to be taken back to the home country and related to
friends and neighbours who may be thinking about taking a similar holiday.

Have you related your story to the London Tourist Board for their reaction?

Roger R

Hadn't thought of raising this with the LTB. I have raised it with
John McDonnell the local MP though. He is pretty hot at chasing up T4L
and FGWL about performance issues - he travels the line most days!!
CJB.