Old July 5th 07, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
verbena verbena is offline

Default Central Line Train Off The Road

On Jul 5, 2:31 pm, Boltar wrote:
On 5 Jul, 14:09, "Recliner" wrote:

Am I right in thinking that 1992 stock has smaller wheels than other
Tube trains and is perhaps more likely to derail when it encounters
something on the track?

It does seem strange that a heavy train could become derailed by
something light enough to have become dislodged by vibration or air
movements and apparently flap around in the wind.

B2003

"Our initial reports suggest that a bale of material became dislodged
from its licensed storage position in a tunnel cross-passage," said a
Metronet spokesman.

Whatever that means

Neill